Pöyry history

The Pöyry story began in 1958 when over the course of one night Dr Jaakko Pöyry agreed to do the basic engineering for the Äänekoski sulphate pulp mill in Finland. From that night on Pöyry grew. First to Sweden and the other Nordic countries followed by Europe, the Americas and eventually to the rest of the world.

As the company grew internationally, so did its culture – enriched through diversity and shared knowledge. It’s clear that what set Pöyry apart already in the early years was its high standards of integrity and quality. Clients could always count on Pöyry engineers and consultants when a problem needed solving – and that remains unchanged today. Advice is honest,  straightforward and always, focused on the clients need.

In 1994 Pöyry entered the Russian market and opened the office in St.Petersburg. The major field of the company's business is construction project management. In 1996 Pöyry started to have representation in Moscow. During 1999-2001 years the company was widening types of its sectors and services. Besides consulting and engineering services in the construction field, Pöyry also provides the services concerning environment and transport issues.

Remarkable event for Pöyry is an acquisition of ZAO "Giprobum-engineering" - the largest design institute in the field of pulp and paper industry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.